Here are the instructions with the modification:
- As a superuser...
- For each 32-bit application, create a script in /usr/bin consisting of the following code.
- Name the code APP-camera-fix, where APP is the software to patch (e.g., skype-camera-fix).
- Mark the code as executable (I do this in Nautilus via the properties menu).
- Change each shortcut to the application to the script you just made (e.g., change the Skype shortcut to /usr/bin/skype-camera-fix).
- Test it out by opening Skype and testing the camera in the Options menu.
The modification is to simply add "32" to the /usr/lib path. Works perfectly!